Important Information

Patch Testing and Allergies

A Patch Test is done on the skin behind the ear, by touching the skin with a latex glove and applying a small amount of anaesthetics, antibiotic cream and colour pigment.

A Patch Test should be carried out 48 hours before the treatment to see the skin's reaction.

Allergic reactions to antibiotics, latex and anaesthetics can occur and the first sign of allergic reaction to anaesthetics will be swelling that look like hives on the skin.

If an allergy does occur, it will normally go away in time.

If you do not have any allergies to antibiotic ointments used at home you will not be allergic to bacitracin, a component of the antibiotic cream used in the treatment.

If you do not have any problems with anaesthetics during your dental treatment you will not have any problems with Novocaine, Lidocaine and Epinephrine containing anaesthetic creams.

The needles used contain a very small amount of nickel and that may cause a mild allergic reaction in clients who are allergic to this metal.

People who are allergic to latex may have a reaction to the latex gloves used in the treatment. It can cause immediate hives or a more delayed contact dermatitis.

Although very rare the pigment may cause reactions because it is being imbedded under the dermal layer of the skin.

 

MRI facts

MRI is the use of magnetic fields and radio waves to "see" internal organs and soft tissue, without the use of X-rays. It is safe, painless, and has no side effects. It combines the "knowledge" of a computer with safe magnetic and radio waves to create extremely detailed images of areas in the body. The strong magnetic field created by the MRI machine is used to prepare the body to emit radio "signals".

Prior to undergoing an MRI, the patient should tell the doctor that they have permanent makeup or tattoos.

"according to Dr Frank Shellock of tower imaging in los angeles, CA, a top expert in MRI safety, only a handful of people have reported minor problems around the eye area and no problems around the lip or brow area. In those rare instances when redness and oedema in the eye area occurred, it did not cause any permanent damage. Test studies have confirmed that the "iron" particles in the pigment are too microscopic to react as true metal pieces but rather are more accurately compared with "metals" which already exist microscopically in the body."


Contact Michele on (00 34) 616 026 333
or
email: michele@shapes.com.es